19 February 2009

À La Première fois.

I've created a blog specifically for cycling-related things in my life. Why? Well, for one, so many things in my life revolve around cycling in one way or another, I thought it would be best to not crowd up a general blog with bike stuff, and not to compromise the bike stuff with too general of a context.

Furthermore, I've noticed the trend of "openness" (through means such as these sorts of public journals, etc.) as a way of fostering community from professional cycling on down, even permeating the local communities, such as here in Austin. Blogs end up being a functional way to keep up with the training, racing, and happenings of a lot of comrades. Additionally, they provide a public, open face to a rider in a sport where that sort of visibility could be beneficial in finding new opportunities.

So, on that note, a blog seemed like a good way to communicate ideas effectively, keep up with fellow racers and other members of the community, and as a sort of PR tool. I'm probably not going to do anything ridiculous like put this URL on a business card or my bike or what have you, though. Even though I'm not a fan of overbearing self-promotion, I'd still be pleased if this blog acquired a readership.

So, follow publicly, if you please; and tell your friends if you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know much about Cycling but I love the French that you're using. That's what drew me..I hope you do well!

    ReplyDelete